Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates, preferably Lesotho nationals for the above-mentioned position. Contributors are expected to submit weekly articles relating to one of the following subject matters: business and finance, technology, lifestyle/leisure and work/careers.
The position is at the Head Office in Maseru and the incumbent will serve as a Contributor for Leselihub and will be responsible to the Chief Operations Officer.
• Journalism/ Mass Communications Degree/ Diploma or qualification related to the chosen field of writing.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Primary responsibilities include:
• Selecting subject matter based on personal or public interest, or commissioned by Leselihub;
• Researching the market including reading relevant publications and staying up to date with writing that is being produced in your chosen field;
• Undertaking background research including desk based research and conducting site visits or interviews;
• Writing relevant, coherent and well-researched news and feature content and submitting content in the required and expected format;
• Contributing story, news and feature ideas;
• Attending relevant press events on behalf of Leselihub; working closely with the editorial team to plan coverage;
• Editing, revising and reviewing work especially in response to feedback;
Apart from creative and writing skills, you will need to demonstrate evidence of the following:
• Sharp, quick and deeply collaborative, able to thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes complex environment;
• A flexible approach when working with a team;
• Excellent communication skills in order to contribute ideas for content;
• Good presentation skills in order to explain and sell ideas to clients and colleagues;
• Time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines;
• Accuracy and attention to detail;
• Being open to feedback and willing to make changes to submitted work;
• Effective networking skills.
Prior experience in business communication or journalism and writing experience is essential.
Remuneration is fair and competitive.
Interested persons should email their applications, curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates and a writing sample on or before 4th April 2016 at 16:00hrs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.