The Lesotho Water and Sewerage Company (WASCO) invites applications from suitably qualified local candidates for the following position:
Job Title : Director Finance
Reports to : Chief Executive
1. Develops and reviews financial, procurement and asset management policies and procedures in line with set standards and ensure compliance,
2. Advises the Chief Executive, the Board of Directors and other relevant Stakeholders on the management of WASCO finances and assets.
3. Coordinates the Company’s budget preparation and presents the budget estimates to the Finance and Audit Committee and the Board of Directors, annually
4. Ensures that the statutory audit commences in July and the Audited Financial Statements are approved by end of September, annually.
5. Periodically monitors that a comparison is made on rates offered by various banking institutions in order to facilitate selection of the best investment instruments.
6. Provides professional support and guidance to the Board, sub-committees of the Board and all divisions on financial issues.
7. Continuously updates the financial projections (financial modeling) which will highlight need for additional funding requirements.
8. Seeks and raises funding at attractive rates on the basis of submitted requirements
9. Prepares management accounts on a quarterly basis for presentation to the Finance and Audit committee.
10. Ensures continuous interaction with external Stakeholders in order to keep them informed on relevant matters pertaining to WASCO and also to resolve problems on time.
11. Monitors timely collection of debts, as part of the broad cash flow management process.
12. Harmonizes the operations and practices of finance and administration with those of other Divisions in order to improve efficiently within WASCO.
13. Participates in the WASCO policy formulation and strategic planning as a member of Senior Management.
14. Provides leadership to the Division.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Chartered Accountant plus B-Com Degree or equivalent degree (e.g. Business Management with a strong Financial exposure)
2. A minimum of five years working experience in a similar role.
• Critical understanding and knowledge of financial management and practices, accounting principles and procedures as well as procurement and stores management.
• Strategic Leadership Capability and Decision-Making
• Risk Management and Organisational Governance
• Strategic Financial Management
• Client Orientation and Customer Focus
• People Leadership and Empowerment
• Change Management
• Strategic Communication
• Environmental and Health and Safety consciousness
• High standards of ethics and personal integrity
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates should send an application letter, a detailed CV, names of two referees and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts to:
The Director Human Resources
Water and Sewerage Company (PTY) LTD
P.O. Box 426
The closing date for submission of application is 29th February 2016.
• Application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Correspondence will be directed to short-listed candidates only.
• Selection interviews for short-listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in the CV.
• WASCO reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
• The employment of a successful candidate is subject to positive police clearance.