The Lesotho Water and Sewerage company (WASCO) invites applications from suitably qualified local candidates for the following position:
Job Title : Chief Executive
Reports to : Board of Directors
• Works with the Board of Directors and staff to develop the strategy of the Company.
• Prepares plans and programs for the accomplishment of approved objectives in consultation with Executive management team.
• Develops and guides the implementation of WASCO policies as approved by the Board of Directors
• Supports operations and administration of the Board of Directors and acts as na interface between the Board ad staff.
• Guides the activities of all divisions of WASCO through Heads of Divisions and this world warrant regular formal and informal meetings and consultations.
• Reports on the state of capital projects and special expenditure programs.
• Reports on the operating and financial performance of the company.
• Manages and accounts for the company’s financial resources within the budget guidelines according to current laws, regulations and accounting practices.
• Oversees sustainability planning and implementation including identifying resource requirements, securing funds for the operations of the Company by establishing strategies to source grants or loans from financial institutions, either within or outside the country.
• Reviews and approves contracts and other financial commitments within the scope of delegated authority.
• Advises the Shareholders, through the Board of Directors, on policies of the Company, including tariff structure and business prejections in relation to medium and short term developments.
• Liaises with Government and Regulator, Financiers and other stakeholders in the matters relating to the Company.
• Ensures that the Company and its mission programmes, product and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to all stakeholders
• Initiates formulation of appropriate organizational and management structures for assurance of optimal efficiency in serving the customers.
• Effectively manage the human resources of the Company according to authorized HR policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
Qualification & Experience
• Masters Degree in Business Administration.
• Management, Financial Management or any other related Post Graduate Qualification.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Water / Civil Engineering / any Engineering discipline should be accompanied by a Post Graduate Degree in Business Administration or Management
• At least ten (10) years working experience at a senior management level in the Utilities Sector or any other recognized institution.
• Strategic Leadership Capability and Decision-Making
• Risk Management and Organizational Governance
• Strategic Financial Management
• Client Orientation and Customer Focus
• People Leadership and Empowerment
• Change Management
• Strategic Communication
• Environmental and Health and Safety consciousness
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits salary
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates should send an application letter, a detailed CV, names of two Refrees and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts to:
The Director Human Resources
Water and Sewerage Company (PTY) LTD
P.O. Box 425
The closing date for submission of applications is 29th February, 2016.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Correspondence will be directed to short-listed candidates only.
• Selection interviews for shortlisted candidates will be at a date, time and place determined by WASCO.
• Short-listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in the CV.
• Wasco reserves the right to leave as advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
• The employment of succeful candidates is subject to positive police clearance.